Saturday, July 26, 2014

GREAT WAR CONCERT TONIGHT at 7:30 pm

*
The Dinner portion of the evening is sold out - we have only limited space in the downstairs hall to seat and serve people.
Upstairs, however, there is more room - and there will likely be room for you to join us for the CONCERT portion of the evening.
Singer ALIX KINGSTON will be performing songs from the First World War era - sad songs, patriotic songs, funny songs, a slightly racy song....
She will be accompanied by DONNA DUNN-ALBERT on keyboard.
You will learn some context of the songs - and be invited to sing along at times.
Tickets are $10 at the door.
We hope you can join us - Upstairs at the Memorial Hall, 34 Main Street South, St. George, Saturday, July 26th, 2014 at 7:30 pm.
*
Here is a list to give you an idea of some of the songs of the era:

A Bicycle Built for two

The Bells are Ringing (for me and my gal)

Take me out to the ballgame

Carolina in the Morning

I Belong To Glascow

We’ll meet again

It had to be you

I’ll never smile again

White Cliffs of Dover

Pack up your troubles

It’s a long way to Tipperary

By the Light of the Silvery Moon

Shine on Harvest Moon

I’m just Wild about Harry

Toot, Toot, Tootsi

Hello, my Baby

Oh, you Beautiful Doll

Five foot two, Eyes of blue

My Old Man

Hold your Hand Out

Tea for Two, and Two for Tea

A Nightengale Sang in Barkley Square

K-K-K Katy/Kiss Me

Hinky-Dinky Parly Voo

Lili Marlene

When Johnny Comes Marching Home Again

Over There

Wish me Luck
 
Bless ‘em All

When you hear Big Ben

Keep the Home fires burning

I’m looking for a four leaf clover

Maple Leaf Forever

*

No comments:

Post a Comment